|The project is a part of the
improvement program of the Northern Entrance of Beirut City. It stretches on the
Northern Highway from Dora till Tabarja.|
The task is mainly a rehabilitation to the Highway pavement with major
improvements to the storm water drainage network, lighting system, marking and
signs and safety barriers.
The Works include :
- Milling of all the existing asphalt area
- Milling of some areas (thickness 12cm) in order to replace deteriorated
- Limestone leveling courses in order to strenghten pavement layers (overlay
- Basaltic wearing course thickness 5 cm for all the carriageway,
- Sidewalk repairs and construction,
- Construction of New NJB (type 107) Barriers and steel guard rail
- Ghazir Bridge : removal and replacement of 36 elastomeric bearing pads
including design and justification method, jacking of the bridge deck and
all other items necessary for the completion of the works,
- New lighting system and all related electrical and civil works,
- Ducts for fiber optic cables CCTV system with handholes and crossings and
thus between Dora and Nahr El Kelb.
- Highway marking and signs,
- Construction of some new sections for the Storm Water drainage network,
- Drainage and sewerage cleaning by the means of jetting and suction machine
- Traffic deviation during the construction works,
- Other ancillary and associated works including traffic management during
construction, reinstatement of roads disturbed by the works and tapering to
the existing roads as necessary.
All works on the carriage way are carried on during night hours and thus between
9 PM and 5 AM.